Monday, June 20, 2016

13 Goddesses Challenge - Week #4: SEMITIC - LILITH

Hellooo!
I can't believe it's been one month already since we started 


Most of your artwork has been shared in our FB group
But you can always share it here on my blog, too, until December 31st! 

 The prompt for this week is: Semitic

I chose Goddess 
LILITH
Although her myth originated in Mesopotamian religion,  we mostly know her from Jewish Mythology.

Lilith is known as a Demon and as Adam's first wife, the one who refuses to submit to male supremacy and, thus, is banished and replaced by Eve. She then becomes a demon.
There are various myths linked to this "Wild Goddess", but they all agree on her being a dangerous woman.

Her name can be translated as "female night being" or "female night demon".

What I love of Lilith's myths is that She is a woman who frightens men, especially the patriarchal-style ones. She can be seen as the Mother of Feminism.

Here is my Lilith.

I glued some scrap paper on my page and gessoed it.

Started my sketch.

Being a creature of the night, I colored her hair purple.
I then added black to the bird on her head to represent a crow, a psychopomp (guide of souls to the Otherworld).

And here She is in all her beauty! :)
She is a Queen, so I gave her a crown.

Now, show me your Goddess! :)
You can join anytime until December 31st, 2016!
(You can add your URL below until July 20th. As Inlinkz allows links for only 30 days, if you join the challenge after that date, please post your link in the comments and I will come visit!)

Check out the guidelines and weekly prompts HERE.
Enjoy! 

16 comments:

  1. I love your Lilith I think she is my favorite though all are lovely the creative way you put her all together is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Art! Love how you created and painted her on the simple background.
    She is a lovely goddess ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lilith is gorgeous!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! Have a great and creative start in this summer! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, truly gorgeous!! I have to kick my butt in gear, but I have to be honest with you, my heart is calling me to paint other things right now. I don't want to force any painting! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in a traditional christian family and have been fascinated by Lilith ever since I heard about her. I think she is a wonderful character, like you said the mother of feminism and I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your Lillith, she is beautiful, well done! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful portrait of Lilith, and thank you for sharing the information too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks gorgeous... love the addition of the crown

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked your explanation of the symbols you used and a history of who Lilith is. She turned out beautifully in your painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet I love that face!! You got to love a goddess that's for sure!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Goddess is beautiful! She looks so sweet and innocent yet inside she can strike fear in men (YES!). A great Goddess indeed! I will have to look into your Challenge. I like joining challenges because they can take me out of my comfort zone, I can learn new techniques and make new friends too! Have a great weekend, hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lilith is beautiful, I love that she is a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lilith is beautiful ~ so creative and expressive.

    Happy Day and Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful artwork - love this!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete